Chicken Satay Skewers
Delicious grilled skewers marinated with spices.
Servings 4 people
- 1 kg Chicken Thighs Boneless and Skinless
- 25 each Bamboo Skewers Soak in water overnight to prevent burning
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 stalks Lemongrass white parts only
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled
- 6 small Shallots peeled
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Cut the chicken into strips. Set aside
- Blend all the marinade ingredients in a food processor, add a little water if required
- Combine the cut chicken and marinade. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight or minimum 6 hours.
- Thread 3-4 strips onto each bamboo skewer.
- BBQ or grill the chicken skewers 2-3 minutes each side until the meat is fully cooked and the surface is nicely charred. Brush with some oil while grilling.
- Serve hot with the peanut sauce (seperate recipe)