Best Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup Peanuts Dry roasted, unsalted
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 0.25 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Water
- 0.5 tsp Salt or to taste
- 2.5 tbsp Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce, Sweet Use the thick sweet stylle
- 4 whole Chillis, dried desseded and soaked in warm water
- 3 Cloves Garlic peeled
- 4 small Shallots peeled
- 1 Stalk Lemongrass Cut into three strips
- 0.5 Inch Galangal buy frozen from chinese supermarket, just grate it frozen
- Crush the peanuts till fine in a food processor.
- Chop the spice paste ingredients corasly and blend in a food processor till very fine. Add a few tbsp water to help blending.
- In saucepan heat the oil on medium and add spice paste. Add two of the strips of lemon grass. Fry until aromatic and smell spicy.
- Add ground peanuts, water, tamarind, salt, palm sugar, coriander powder and sweet soy sauce. Stir to combine well.
- Reduce the peanut sauce on medium-low heat, stir continuously for 5-10 minutes or until the peanut sauce thickens to your desired consistency, or until the oil and the peanut sauce separates.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve with satay chicken.