An easy to make baked granola with nuts and fruits. A citrus tang helps cut through the sweetness of the honey. Great for a quick breakfast, on top of ice cream or just for snacking.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats I use wholemeal
- 2/3 Cup Puffed Rice Rice Bubbles, Rice Pops etc
- 4 tbsp Sunflower Seeds Shelled kernels
- 4 tbsp Buckwheat
- 2 tbsp Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Shaved Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 3 tbsp Oil Coconut or any light flavourless oil
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 Pinch Salt Large pinch helps bring out flavour
- 1 zested Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Currants
- 1/2 Cup Cashews Crack the bigger bits with a knife
- 2/3 Cup Dried Cranberries Cut them up roughly with a knife
- 1/2 Cup Freeze Dried Raspberries Break them up a bit
Mix the oats, rice pops, sunflower seeds, buckwheat with the oil and honey. Add the salt and mix.
Spread on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 for about 10 minutes as they grains brown up slightly stir them up
Add the sliced almonds, coconut and lemon zest. Give a stir and bake for another 10 minutes till the grains are lightly toasted. Stirring occasionally to give an even toast.
Pack down about half the tray lightly with back of spoon. When set these can be broken up a bit to give nice crunchy clusters.
Once fully cold, break up some of the clusters. Add the currants, cashews and cranberries.
Store in an airtight container. Will keep for a couple of weeks.