An easy to make baked granola with nuts and fruits. A citrus tang helps cut through the sweetness of the honey. Great for a quick breakfast, on top of ice cream or just for snacking.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats I use wholemeal
- 2/3 Cup Puffed Rice Rice Bubbles, Rice Pops etc
- 4 tbsp Sunflower Seeds Shelled kernels
- 4 tbsp Buckwheat
- 2 tbsp Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Shaved Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 3 tbsp Oil Coconut or any light flavourless oil
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 Pinch Salt Large pinch helps bring out flavour
- 1 zested Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Currants
- 1/2 Cup Cashews Crack the bigger bits with a knife
- 2/3 Cup Dried Cranberries Cut them up roughly with a knife
- 1/2 Cup Freeze Dried Raspberries Break them up a bit
- Mix the oats, rice pops, sunflower seeds, buckwheat with the oil and honey. Add the salt and mix.
- Spread on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 for about 10 minutes as they grains brown up slightly stir them up
- Add the sliced almonds, coconut and lemon zest. Give a stir and bake for another 10 minutes till the grains are lightly toasted. Stirring occasionally to give an even toast.
- Pack down about half the tray lightly with back of spoon. When set these can be broken up a bit to give nice crunchy clusters.
- Once fully cold, break up some of the clusters. Add the currants, cashews and cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container. Will keep for a couple of weeks.