Soft Sandwich Rolls
Great soft texture roll. Fill with ham, salad and mayo for that perfect work lunch
Servings 8 Rolls
- 500 gm Bread Flour
- 20 gm Wheat Gluten
- 310 gm Water Lukewarm
- 7 gm Yeast
- 15 gm Vegetable Oil
- 8 gm Salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl or stand mixer. If your using a mixer use the dough hook attachment and mix for 10 minutes. If you making the dough by hand knead it for 10 minutes also.
- Place the processed dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and allow proving for at least 1 hour, this time may vary depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
- Grease 1 large or 2 small baking trays or 35 x 25 baking cake tin
- After the first proof, divide the dough into 8 pieces, roll each piece into a ball and allow the balls to rest for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes shape each dough ball into discs and evenly space them on your trays.
- Sprinkle a little flour over the rolls and cover with a lightweight dry cloth and allow proving for however long it took for your first proving.
- When there is only 10 minutes left on the rise, preheat you oven to 180°C that’s 355°F or gas mark 4
- After the rolls have risen sprinkle with a little more flour and get them straight into the preheated oven and set your timer for 16 minutes.
- When baked place the rolls on a wire rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes.