The classic New Zealand biscuit
Crispy or chewy, bake slightly longer for crispy or slightly shorter for chewy.
Servings 36 biscuits
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 200 gm Butter
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Boiling Water
- Preheat Oven to 180c. Cover 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together. Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water. When butter is melted stir through the baking soda and water mixture. It will foam up.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Scoop up golf ball size amounts and place on a baking tray. Once all mixture is used, flatten slightly with a fork so they are all the same thickness.
- Bake until golden brown for about 15 minutes. Bake slightly longer for crispy biscuits.
- Allow to cool on a rack then place in an airtight container.