A quick and easy Thai Chicken Curry. Vary the amount of curry paste according to your taste.
Thai Chicken Curry
- 400 gm Chicken Breasts Cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Onion Sliced
- 1 Can Coconut Cream
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Assorted Fibrous Vegetables Carrots, Broccoli, Beans, Cauliflower, Courgettes etc
- 1 Line Juice and zest
- 2 tbsp Coriander & Basil chopped
- 3 tbsp Red Curry Paste Use more or less according to taste
- Cook onion and garlic over moderate heat in large non stick pan, sprayed with oil, until soft. Add the chicken and fry until browned. Add curry paste and cook a further 2-3 minutes, stirring well. Add evaporated milk, sugar and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes, uncovered, until the milk has reduced a little. Taste and check seasonings, adjusting as required.
- Add prepared vegetables to the pan and if more liquid is required, add a little water. Cook a further 5 minutes, then add lime juice and zest and coriander and basil if using.
- Serve with rice or extra vegetables. Nann bread etc
- Hint - use more vegetable’s so you don’t over do the rice
- Swap the naan bread for baked poppadom’s to keep the calories low.
- The coriander is optional but adds so much of the thai flavour.