Warm and comforting apple sponge pudding.
Apple Sponge Pudding
Servings 5 People
- 775 gm Apples stewed, homemade or canned
- 250 gm Butter softened
- .75 Cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- .5 Cups Milk
- 6 servings Whipped Cream or ice cream
- Preheat oven to 175C. Grease a 26cm x 18cm baking dish. Add stewed apples to the bottom of the dish.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar and stir in the vanilla extract. Add the eggs in one at a time and beat until combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and mix in ¼ of a cup at a time. Add the milk to the mix until just combined
- Heat the apples in the oven for 10 minutes then remove, pour the batter over the fruit and smooth the top. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. serve with whipped cream or ice cream.