Easy Roast Chicken and Bacon PIe
A easy make chicken and bacon pie with a creamy sauce. Family favourite
Servings 4 people
- 1 Whole Precooked Roast Stuffed Chicken Supermarket hot birds are great. Let them cool overnight before use
- 6 Rashers Streaky Bacon
- 3 Sheets Flaky Pastry
- 1 Packet Maggi Cream of Chicken Cuppa Soup Mix
- 1 Cup Water - Boiling
- 1 Cup Baked beans Drain most of sauce
- Once the chook is cold remove all the meat from the bones. You want a range of sizes for the chicken bits. Cube up the stuffing.
- .Fry up the bacon, Get it good and nicely well done. Chop up roughly once cooked
- Spray oil a 10x10 square baking tin. Cut Once sheet of pastry in half and use this and one other sheet to line tin. Seal edges by squeezing together
- Put the chicken in the pastry lined tin. Dot the stuffing over top and the baked beans then spread the chopped bacon around.
- Mix the soup mix with a cup or so of boiling water. Pour the soup mix evenly around the pie. Cover with last sheet of pastry. Seal edges well. Cut a slit in the top to vent steam.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes depending on oven. Fan bake for a bit then classic bake so the pastry doesn't get burnt. Once baked remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes.