In the spirit of COVID-19 IKEA have released the recipe for their famous Swedish meatballs.
Here it is. Enjoy
IKEA Meatball Recipe
In the spirit of being kind during COVID-19 IKEA have released their famous Swedish meatball and cream sauce recipe
Servings 4 people
- 500 gm Beef Mince
- 250 gm Pork mince
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed or Minced
- 100 gm Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 5 Tbsp Milk Use full fat / blue / whole milk not low fat stuff
- Salt & Pepper Generous serve
- 1 dash Olive Oil
- 40 gm Butter
- 40 gm Plain Flour
- 150 ml Vegetable Stock
- 150 ml Beef Stock
- 150 ml Cream Thick / Double Cream
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Combine beef and pork mince and mix with your fingers to break up any lumps. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, and mix. Add milk and season well with salt and pepper
- Shape mixture into small, round balls. Place on a clean plate, cover, and store in the fridge for 2 hours. This will help them hold their shape whilst cooking.
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. When hot, gently add meatballs and brown on all sides.
- When browned, add to an ovenproof dish and cover. Place in a hot oven (180°C or 160°C with a fan) and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Melt 40g of butter in a pan. Whisk in 40g of flour and stir for 2 minutes. Add 150ml of veg stock and 150ml of beef stock; continue to stir. Add 150ml of double cream, 2 tsp soy sauce, and 1 tsp dijon mustard.
- Bring to a simmer and allow sauce to thicken.