Crusty Bread Rolls
These bread rolls are great to serve on the weekend. Warm and fluffy on the inside, crusty on the outside. Quick and easy.
Servings 12 Rolls
- 375 ml Water warm about 40 degrees c
- 12 gm Active Dried Yeast
- 35 gm Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Salt Kosher. Use a bit less for table salt
- 450 gm Flour Use high protein bread flour
- Add the oil, the salt and 2 cups of the flour with the dough hook and let it combine on medium speed adding the flour in ¼ cup increments until the dough starts to come together and eventually starts to pull away from the bowl, then turn up the speed and let it knead for 5 minutes
- Add to an oiled bowl and turn in the bowl to coat with oil then cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm spot until it doubles in size for 60 minutes
- Divide the dough into 12 balls, place on a greased baking sheet or tin and let rise for an additional 30 minutes
- Heat oven to 200c
- Before you put in the oven spray with a little water froma spray bottle and sprinkle a small amount of extra salt on the tops if desired.
- When you put the rolls into the oven put a cup of ice into a tray on the bottom to create steam. Spritz the rolls with water from a spray bottle half way through bake to help make crusty