Use full sugar Red Coke. The diet stuff doesn’t have the necessary sugar to reduce down to a yummy sticky gooey sauce. I like to use wings but any cut of chicken will do. The long slow cooking is the secret to great chicken.
Cola Baked Chicken
- 750 ml Coca Cola Red not diet or zero
- 1 cup Soft Brown Sugar packed
- 3 Cloves Garlic grated
- 1 Onion grated
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 kg Chicken Wings Cut at the joints
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Preheat oven to 140°C fan forced.
- Combine cola, sugar, garlic, onion and soy in a bowl.
- Arrange chicken wings in a single layer in a deep oven tray and pour over cola mixture.
- Bake for 3-3.5 hours or until sauce is thick and very sticky.