I love, love, LOVE cinnamon rolls. They are absolutely one of my favourite things to make at home. Name one thing that smells and tastes better than a warm cinnamon roll fresh out of the oven, slathered with melty gooey cream cheese frosting. I don’t think there’s anything in existence that sounds better than that!
For the Dough
- 2 cups Milk
- 0.5 cups vegetable oil
- 0.5 cups Sugar
- 2.25 tsp Active Dried Yeast
- 4 cups Flour
- .5 cups Flour
- .5 tsp Baking Powder heaped
- .5 tsp Baking Soda
- .5 tbsp Salt
For the Filling
- 1 cup Butter melted
- .5 cups Sugar
- .25 cups Soft Brown Sugar
- .5 cups Cinnamon
- Mix whole milk, vegetable oil and sugar in a pan. Scald to 70 degrees. Let cool until lukewarm (~45 minutes).
- Sprinkle in yeast and let sit. Then add 4 C flour, stir mixture together. Cover and let sit for one hour.
- Add 1/2 C flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the dough. Stir mixture together.
- Divide the dough in half. Sprinkle surface generously with flour and form into a rectangle, roll the dough thin, maintaining a rectangular shape.
- Drizzle melted butter over dough. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll the dough toward you. Pinch the seam to seal it.
- Grease foil cake or pie pans. Cut rolls 3/4 to 1 inch thick and lay in greased pans. Repeat with other half of dough.
- Cover the rolls and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 190c for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Generously drizzle cream cheese frosting over warm rolls after they come out of the oven.