I almost loathe to give away just how simple these are as they really do look as though you’ve toiled away n the kitchen when truth be told you can wow your guests with around 15 mins work!
Miniature Baked Cheesecakes
- 250 gm Cream Cheese softened (philadelphia or similar)
- .33 Cups Caster Sugar finely granulated
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 5 tbsp Cream Use thickened ie: at least 35% fat
- 200 gm Biscuits Arnotts Nice or similar or GingerNuts for something different
- 100 gm Butter melted
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees celsius (fan forced - increase 10 degrees if not fan forced)
- Crush biscuits to fine crumb in processor or do it old school - pop in a freezer bag and crush with rolling pin/tin of tomatoes or whatever heavy object you have handy.
- Stir in melted butter until well combined. Use salted butter - goes beautifully with the sweet biscuits.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cup cake cases.
- Press biscuit mix into cupcake cases. Push it in firmly and level as will be on display when served. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese & sugar until smooth and creamy. I use my food processor but any mixer / hand held etc will do.
- Add egg and beat until all combined.
- Add lemon juice and cream and beat again. You want it combined but not over beaten as excessive beating will cause cheese cake to crack and split.
- Spoon into cupcake cases - fill to about half a cm below top of paper case - they wont rise much.
- Bake at 160 for 20 mins.
- Allow to cool before decorating - I pop them in the fridge to firm up a bit before I remove the cupcake cases.
- Decorate as your heart desires - lovely with fresh berries.
- For the ones pictured, I put down a dollop of thickened cream and toped with diced strawberries I’d soaked in a bit of liqueur (try cointreau). Add a drizzle of choc if you like.
- I like to serve with a homemade berry coulis drizzled all pretty on the plate and a nice dusting of icing sugar.