Comfort food that is easy and cheap to prepare. You can make a double batch and freeze some if you like.
Servings 4 people
- 4 Eggs Hardboiled and Sliced
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion large
- 3 rashers bacon
- 500 gm Potatoes Peeled and Cooked
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Tasty Cheese Grated
- Preheat oven to 180
- Heat oil in fry pan, add onion and bacon and cook for 5 min or until onion is soft. Cut the potatoes into 1cm slices.
- Layer the cooked potatoes, sliced egg, onion and bacon in an ovenproof dish.
- To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and pepper and cook till frothy. Gradually stir in the milk until it thickens, stir in the grated cheese.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potato mixture.
- Top with some breadcrumbs if desired.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 -30 minutes or until golden.