This recipe for peach and berry cobbler was devised a while ago and everyone seems to like it – it’s fluffy, slightly eggy with a nice firm crust.
- 6 Peaches Fresh or just use canned peach halves
- .5 Cups Berries Roughly Chopped
- 100 gm Butter Softened
- .5 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- .66 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Wash the peaches to remove the excess fluff.
- Put lots of ice in a large bowl and fill with water
- In a large pot, boil a pot of water. Put the whole peaches in the boiling water for 1 minute Take the peaches out and plunge them into the iced water. This will stop them from cooking further
- With a small knife, peel the peaches and roughly chop the peaches into chunks
- Put the peaches and the berries into a baking dish (approx 20 x 30 cm)
- Heat an oven to 180°C
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and first measure of sugar together until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and stir well to combine
- Sprinkle the berries (I used strawberries) over the peaches
- Spoon the cobbler mixture over the fruit and mix roughly to combine. I like to do this very roughly so that there are pockets of fruit
- Sprinkle the top with the second measure of sugar
- Bake for 50 mins or until cooked and golden brown in the middle.
- Serve immediately with lots of ice cream.