Mmm pancakes. A great weekend breakfast for the kids (and big kids).
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 60g Butter unsalted
- Spray Oil for frying
- Lemon Juice to serve
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk and sugar until combined. Make a slight well in the centre of the flour and pour in egg mixture, incorporating the flour into the batter from the inside out, whisking until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat until a light nutty brown colour. Cool slightly, then whisk butter into the pancake mixture until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to rest.
- Spray oil onto the base of 22cm non-stick frying pan set over low heat.
- Holding the pan at a 45° angle, scoop a small ladle of the pancake batter, about scant 1/4 cup, and pour the batter in at the top of the pan. This allows the batter to run around the pan to form a thin even pancake.
- As the pancake sets, little bubbles will appear on the surface. Cook for 1 minute on the first side, loosening the edges slightly with a palette knife, then turn and cook for a further 30 seconds on the other side.
- Sprinkle a plate with caster sugar. Turn pancake out onto plate, sprinkle with more sugar and squeeze over lemon juice. Repeat with remaining batter.