Everyone will enjoy this. I liked it because it was not too sweet like some of the other recipes I have tried, and the red pepper flakes gave it a nice little kick.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts
- .75 Cups Brown Sugar Packed
- .66 Cups Vinegar I Used Apple Cider Vinegar
- .25 Cups Lemonade I used Sprite
- .66 tbsp Garlic Minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Black Pepper fresh ground
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes Optional
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker.
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (mine basically fell apart) and pour remaining sauce into saucepan.
- Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired. This can be served over rice or noodles, but we had ours with a baked potato on the side (It’s good on top of the potato too!)