Yummy pork sausage rolls with carrot and onion. Run a seam of BBQ sauce for self saucing sausage rolls.
Pork based so not as heavy as beef. Make self saucing by running a generous ribbon of bbq sauce before rolling.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Carrot cut into quite small cubes
- 1/2 Whole Onion cut into small cubes
- 4 Rashers Streaky Bacon cut into 1cm strips
- 500 gm Pork Mince
- 1 Whole Egg
- 50 gm Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Rosemary finely diced
- 2 tsp Thyme finely diced
- 1 tbsp Parsley finely diced
- 1/4 cup Apple rough grated
- 4 Sheets Puff Pastry
For the egg wash
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds Black look cool
- Preheat oven to 200c
- In a fry pan over medium add the olive oil, carrot, onion and cook until it turns soft. Add the bacon and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the bacon starts to turn crispy (don’t make it too crispy though as it will continue to cook in the oven). Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the mince, egg, breadcrumbs, herbs and cooled bacon mixture and mix until combined.
- Cut one third off the sheet (discard). On the 2/3 part of the sheet pastry sheet, lay out one quarter of the mince mixture and form into a sausage shape along one edge of the pastry. Brush the other edge of the pastry with the egg wash then roll up the pastry into the sausage rolls. Cut in half and add to a baking tray lined with baking paper seamed side down. Repeat with the other three sheets of puff pastry.Run a generous seam of bbq sauce the full length for self saucing sausage rolls.
- Brush with the egg and top with sesame seeds. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until deeply golden. Serve with tomato sauce and enjoy!